Langfocus: Arabic

I am Moana | أنا موانا



Above is a video of the song "I am Moana" from Disney's Moana. Personally, I liked this movie and the animation was beautiful!

Note, I've tried to translate the lyrics semi-literally so it differs from the translation given in the video.


  • Lyrics
  • الكلمات
  • Why do you hesitate? I don't know
  •  لِمَ تترددين؟ لا أعرف
  • One girl of the island isn't like the rest of the girls
  •  إحدى بنات الجزيرة ليست ككل البنات
  • She loves the ocean and the water and hundreds of people are proud of her
  •  تهوى المحيط والماء يفخر بها مئات
  • Life might seem tough, it leaves behind pain in the heart
  •  قد تبدو الحياة عنيدة تترك في القلب الألام
  • The pains will be healed and the dreams will remain
  •  ستشفى الألام وتبقى الأحلام
  • Life events teach, we follow those who love us
  •  أحداث الحياة تعلم، نتبع من يحبوننا
  • But nothing can hold back the whisper of the voice inside us
  •  لكن لا شيء يسكت همس الصوت من داخلنا
  • And when it asks you "Who am I?", Moana you know
  •  وحين يسأل من أنا؟ موانا أنت تعرفين
  • Moana, come on, say, do you know?
  •  موانا هيا قولي هل تعرفين؟
  • Who am I? I am a girl who love the island and who loves the water of the ocean
  •  من أنا؟ أنا فتاة تحب الجزيرة وتحب مياه المحيط 
  • It calls me... I AM the daughter of the chief
  •  يناديني... أنا أكون إبنة الزعيم 
  • Descended from sailors who sailed the ocean and the seas; they call me
  •  من نسل قوم بحارة جابوا المحيط والبحار ينادونني
  • Like you, I had overcome dangers and I spread my sails
  •  قد عبرت مثلكم أخطار وفردت قلاعي 
  • Everything I saw still calls me
  •  كل مارأيته مازال يناديني
  • The hidden sound still calls me, like waves that fill my imagination
  •  النداء الخفي مازال يناديني مثل الأمواج تملأ خيالي
  • (to grandmother) You will remain in my heart as a voice that reminds me [that] whatever path there is
  •  ستبقين بقلبي صوتا يذكرني ومهما كان طريق ما
  • I am Moana
  • أنا موانا

Comments